Sunset

Sunset

Monday, May 4, 2015

Forgetting the Bad and Embracing the Good

With my recent performances, I am having to learn how to forget the bad quickly. When I play I feel as if I am plateauing, so I must figure out a way to push different parts of my game to make for a continual increase in my game. I let shots stick around for too long. When they are bad, it takes a few holes to really recover from it. When they are great, I tend to ride the good feelings and enjoy my shots. This game is so mental and having the right attitude and mindset can make or break any shot. Every shot counts in a round but letting one shot make or break a round seems silly when looking at it from the outside. I can't tell you how many times I have missed a 20 footer and wanted to stop playing right then and there. When it happens in a tournament round that feeling of disappointment lingers and bogs me down. I have tried keeping a great attitude and joking off my bad shots and that works to some extent, but finding the right way to build the mindset that even when it goes poorly that it won't matter considering all the shots that are left to throw. I have a tattoo on my left arm that reads "Fino alla fine..." which in Italian means "to the end..." So with those words I must remember to not give up and finding a way to battle and move on and forward until the end. Whether that is the round, tournament, or even that individual hole I am playing, I should battle and keep staying positive no matter what the outcome.

Recently I have had a lot of different things happen lately and it has stalled my getting the time for a review along with putting out the #putterpants giveaway. Hopefully this week I will have the review up and the giveaway so I can get back on the right foot. So please keep an eye out for these things. I am going to do a review of the FD and follow up with a review of the PD2, DD2, P2 and maybe a few other molds.

This week will be a good week of practice with the Utah Open looming at the weekend. There will be a lot of top pros who will be in attendance, so it will be a great opportunity to learn and to prove myself as a player. Lots to work on this week, especially my short game.

Looking forward to an awesome week. Thanks for reading. I am a Discmaniac. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ter0p_iyIxk
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment