Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Having a 'Go To Disc'

It was great to hear some of the feedback I received from my 'In The Bag' video I posted recently. My buddy, Chris Tellesbo, mentioned that he could see that I cared about a lot of the discs I was throwing, as if I had a connection with a disc. I never thought about it like that, but it was completely true. I enjoy pulling out a disc from my bag and having complete and total confidence in what the disc is capable of doing. This has been tested quite a bit recently having lost quite a bit of quality plastic. Whether it has been a perfectly seasoned disc or a specific run of a disc. I have been forced to break in a number of discs quickly and efficiently. I am putting in countless reps with certain discs to make sure I have the best feeling before I decide to bag them for a round. This is where putting in a lot of field work has been crucial. I am getting to the point where all I want to do is work on field work, fine tune my mechanics and fixing anything that feels wrong. I have worked myself into having a good conservative run up when I need to be more focused and am picking a landing area and I can still get aggressive when I have room to work and need a little bit extra behind the disc. All of this has been from throwing brand new discs and getting comfortable again. I am now getting to the feeling that I want to get away from having a 'Go To Disc' and really want to be able to trust whatever is in my hands as long as I have an idea how it will fly. This turns me to relying more on my own capabilities and skill set rather than trusting a disc to do something specific. Granted I still have a 'Go To Disc' in my bag whenever I feel uncertain or worried I can trust pulling out my beat in D-Line P2. My favorite thing to do is take on longer holes and only throw my P2 just to see how it would differ. In doing this it allows me to tackle a hole with a more cautious approach and can always resort to playing smart. Plus who doesn't like attacking a 1000ft par 5 with only a putter?

I have a few tournaments coming up and am just super pumped to be out and playing. My PutterPants competition was great because it showed me that a lot of people care about having fun playing and enjoy being on the course. Getting back to the foundation of why we all play is great.

Thanks for reading. Keep those #putterpants on and have the #mostfun. I am a Discmaniac. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5VQV8jTl5Q
Enjoy

3 comments:

  1. just letting you know that I was here and read it all! Keep on going strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian! Thanks for taking the time. It means a lot that you did.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your in the bag. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete