Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Recovery and Working on my Sidearm

I came to the realization this week that my body was due for some rest. I had been putting in 30-45 mins of putting a day, 2-3 rounds a day, and even close to an hour of field work. Not all of those happened everyday but 2 out of 3 were happening and I found myself losing consistency and distance. I thought it was only going to get me better, but it was doing the opposite. I started to create some bad habits especially with my putting. I was no longer putting with authority, I was floating things to the basket and was having more chain outs. So after taking a couple of days off, I returned to the course and felt better on my feet and crushing a disc in the air. I am planning on tuning down a little bit or finding the right way to actively recover after rounds. I feel stretching before and after each round or practice seems like a no brainer.

I talked with my buddy Chris Tellesbo who has one of the best sidearms in Utah. He helped me come to the understanding that I can actually work my beat in Discmania PD2s as a distance sidearm disc. This is a part of my game that has always been great in shorter distances but never for longer distances. Adding this will only help me in the long run. I spent hours throwing Firebirds and PD2s up and down the driving range. This is will continue to be a work in progress but bumping my sidearms up from 325 to 375-400 is a big deal but my consistency needs even more work.

So I hope that people actually take the time to read this blog entirely. This post is really short and to the point since I have had a pretty great week of golf but had to recognize a few things that needed to be looked at hopefully it helps people understand the importance of rest and recovery.


Last thing for all the Discmaniacs out there.... If you have been throwing S-Line P2s but have recently tried the C-Line P2, what are your thoughts?

Next week I will post my thoughts on the two.

I am a Discmanic! Cheers

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqWVEeDS_g

No comments:

Post a Comment